Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Scott's Pick Of The Week: 75 Wine Co. Sauvignon Blanc

Sometimes things just fall into your lap.  That was definitely the case for me yesterday while attending a wine tasting—a glass of 75 Wine Co.'s super-tasty Sauvignon Blanc graced the table like an angel sent straight from Heaven. (And its sister wine, Amber Knolls Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, is pretty darn special too.)

I was impressed with the Sauvignon Blanc, whose organically-grown fruit hails from the old vines of Hoxsey Vineyard in Napa.  To me, this wine is all about balance -- you get the fruit of a new world Sauvignon Blanc from, say, New Zealand, coupled with the refreshing acidity of an old world Sancerre.  Bottom line:  Bring on a fully-dressed fried shrimp and oyster po' boy.  The wine retails for about fifteen bucks.  I advise picking up at least two bottles.  If you don't, you'll just get frustrated.

I also think 75 Wine Co.'s Amber Knolls Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon is a real steal.  I'm sure you hear folks say, "This wine drinks like a wine double (or triple) its price."  But this Cab truly lives up to the hype.  And now that things are cooling off and the food's getting heartier, this twenty dollar gem is perfect for robust grilled and roasted meats.

Try 'em out, then let me know what you think.

You should follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment